|"The Storm of the Century"|
|Season Seven, Episode Six|
|Writer||Charles W. Hornsby|
|Air Date||October 20, 2011|
| Watch this episode:|
"The Storm of the Century" is the sixth episode of the seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It will air on FX on October 20, 2011.
It's not always sunny in Philadelphia: An apocalyptic storm is bearing down on the City of Brotherly Love, and everyone's in panic mode -- except for Frank.
11:40AM on a Friday
The gang enjoys the weather woman's large breasts as she reports on a hurricane that is predicting to hit Philadelphia. Dee freaks out that a catastrophe could happen, but Frank states that the media is simply trying to create a frenzy for ratings.
After realizing their Y2K shelter in Paddy's basement has been raided by them over the past 10 years; Mac, Dennis, and Charlie head to the All American Home Center to get supplies and potentially meet the large breasted weather woman Jackie Denardo. Mac takes the cash and goes to buy food. Charlie takes Frank's credit card to go buy supplies. Dennis decides to find women to invite to a hurricane party at the bar.
As Dennis chats up two attractive girls, Charlie arrives and invites them to the bunker. When they ask if they can invite their boyfriends to the party at Paddy's Dennis yells and them and shoos them away for not understanding that he was only inviting them to the bar to seduce them. He decides to draft a contract for any other potential girl he could bring back in which she would promise that she would consider sleeping with him. Charlie, meanwhile, packs a lot of hatchets and pickled eggs in preparation for the storm. Dennis then sees Jackie Denardo and falls in love with her.
Back at Paddy's, Dee and Frank discuss the difference between "looting" and "surviving" when it is black people or white people. Dee continues to freak out about the storm and how Y2K could still happen because we're too dependent on machines. Frank tells her to relax but the power goes out and they head to the bunker. Frank sees a looter in the basement and shoots him. It turns out to be Rickety Cricket, and the bullet hits him squarely in his hand. He bleeds profusely and although he swears the hospital will euthanize him, Dee reluctantly drives him to the hospital.At the store, Charlie realizes Mac has headed to the Poconos to survive so he calls Dee. She swings by the store, with Cricket still in the back seat, to get the survival suplies. Dennis tries to talk to Jackie but because she is so beautiful he falls apart and can't put together a sentence. Jackie receives a call that the storm has been downgraded but the shoppers become unruly when the manager announces that the credit card machines are down.
Cricket drives Frank's Cadillac into the store for attention so someone will drive him to the hospital. Frank seizes the opportunity to start a riot and looting. Charlie, Dee, and Frank run around panicked while Dennis still tries to stalk Jackie, who reports on the looting.
Back in the shelter, Mac eats ice cream and watches Jackie's large breasts on a 3DTV.
- Jessica Collins as Jackie Denardo
- Elena Diaz as Spanish Weather Woman
- Derek Basco as Store Manager
- Marisa Dorchock as College Girl #1
- Katie Gill as College Girl #2
- YouTube video with "old school"-Frank, which is allegedly "was taken during the Rodney King riots", originally was filmed on the 2nd day of shooting Season 7 in Philadelphia, PA (June 24, 2011 on the outside of "UNIVERSAL DOLLAR Plus" store).
- "Alone" by Heart plays when Dennis sees Jackie Denardo.
- Charlie has confused Mayans with Mexicans.
- Probably, a scene with shooting Cricket in the car - it's a parody for Tarantino's "Reservoir dogs".
- A dog which is was barked on Cricket from adjacent car on parking lot - it's a star from movie "Marley & Me".
- In 05x13 Mac and Charlie have bought an industrial-sized snow blower "from some dude
on the Internet from the Poconos".
- Charlie's abusing of cheese it's a reference for The Waitress Is Getting Married. Also, previously he was eating cheese out of the rat traps. ("Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life")
|—||“I have a bunker! If you get in the bunker, then you'll be safe. For the good of the race we can create an entire race...”|
|Season 7 Episodes|
| 1. "Frank's Pretty Woman"|
2. "The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore"
3. "Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties"
4. "Sweet Dee Gets Audited"
5. "Frank's Brother"
6. "The Storm of the Century"
7. "Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games"
| 8. "The ANTI-Social Network"|
9. "The Gang Gets Trapped"
10. "How Mac Got Fat"
11. "Thunder Gun Express"
12. "The High School Reunion"
13. "The High School Reunion, Part 2: The Gang's Revenge"