|"The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation"|
|Season Three, Episode Six|
|Writer||Charlie Day & Scott Marder & Rob Rosell|
|Air Date||September 27, 2007|
| Watch this episode:|
"The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation" is the sixth episode of the third season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
4:00PM on a Monday
- Maxie J. Santillan Jr. as Grizzled Busman
- In the opening scene of this episode, Dee is desperately trying to make a parody for Christopher Walken's role from Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" - neither Dennis nor Frank recognize her impression (it's funny, because Danny DeVito was a producer of this cult movie). Also, on 07:47 she's trying to make a parody for Rosie Perez's character from a "Do the Right Thing" movie - but, unfortunately, she's just talentless (whore).
- When Dee was mocking Walken, Dennis used to say what "It sounded like Rosie Perez or something".
- The scene with talent show at Paddy's - it's a parody for famous FOX show "American Idol".
- The owner of the Korean pub looks strikingly similar to dead dictator Kim Jong-il. There are other references to tension with North Korea: Dennis and Charlie say that the beer at the Korean BBQ tastes like it's been "enriched" (a reference to North Korea enriching uranium to make nuclear weapons), and Dee posing as an inspector, and her being kicked out of the Korean BBQ (references North Korea refusing to allow UN weapons inspectors into the country).
- Mr. Kim is played by a female actress.
- Frank and Mac's argument about whether a yellow alert or an orange alert is worse is a reference to the much maligned Homeland Security Advisory System, a color-coded alert system created by the United States Department of Homeland Security to alert the public about the possiblity of a terrorist attack after 9/11. For the record, Frank is right: an Orange alert means "High risk of terrorist attack", whereas a Yellow alert simply means "Significant risk of terrrorist attack." How could anyone possibly find that confusing? (The system was retired in 2011.)
- Charlie: Ohhhhhhhh shit! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?
- Dennis: I see a door marked "Private." Is that the door you're talking about?
- Charlie: Nah, I was talking abou...I didn't say...did you...what did you hear?
- Dennis: I heard you say "There was a door marked pirate living in there."
- Charlie: Well are we gonna talk about pirates all day or are we gonna see what's living in there?
- Dennis: You're the one that... Jesus Christ man, shit.
- Charlie: It's locked! All right, let me try this out.
- Dennis: What is that, your apartment key? That's not gonna work!
- Charlie: Why not?
- Dennis: We're not at your apartment, shithead!
- Charlie: Well how many possible lock combinations can there be?
- Dennis: Oh, so many, dude, like hundreds of millions.
- Charlie: Well eventually they're gonna overlap--
- Dennis: They're not ever gonna--
- Charlie: You know what, you're right, it's not working.
- Dennis: Oh, no shit.
- Charlie: Well it was worth a try!
- Dennis: It was not worth a try.
- Charlie: OH MY GOD. Oh my god, you scared me. What are you doing?
- Sun-Li: I run away!
- Charlie: Okay. Good… uh. What are you doing here?
- Sun-Li: I follow you home! Because… I like you.
- Charlie: Nice! Good! I- 'Cause I knew- I knew that- Right on! Okay! WAIT. All the way home?
- Sun-Li: Yes.
- Charlie: So you saw me eat that Hot Pocket I found in the garbage?
- Sun-Li: Yes.
- Charlie: …Any thoughts on that?
- Sun-Li: No!
- Charlie: Oh man, I like you. Come on in.
- Sun-Li: I like you!
- Charlie: Yeah... !
|Season 3 Episodes|
| 1. "The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby"|
2. "The Gang Gets Invincible"
3. "Dennis and Dee's Mom Is Dead"
4. "The Gang Gets Held Hostage"
5. "The Aluminum Monster vs. Fatty Magoo"
6. "The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation"
7. "The Gang Sells Out"
8. "Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire"
| 9. "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person"|
10. "Mac Is a Serial Killer"
11. "Dennis Looks Like a Registered Sex Offender"
12. "The Gang Gets Whacked (Part 1)"
13. "The Gang Gets Whacked (Part 2)"
14. "Bums: Making a Mess All Over the City"
15. "The Gang Dances Their Asses Off"