"The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6" is the ninth episode of the ninth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
After creative differences over what constitutes tasteful nudity cause Frank to pull his money out of Lethal Weapon 6 during filming, Mac, Dennis, and Charlie screen their rough footage for investors in hopes of raising enough capital to finish the production of their latest masterpiece.
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- Artemis Pebdani as Artemis
- Leilani Taliaferro as Shaman Woman
- Diane Sellers as Clerk
- Janet Hoskins as Old Lady
- Julia Cho as Dot Com Girl
- William Duffy as Hedge Fund Guy
- Bonnie Burroughs as Cop
- "Lethal Weapon 5" was shown in the episode "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth."
- When Mac says that it's impossible to follow what goes on in a movie, both Dennis and Charlie disagree with him and say that that's his problem, not a problem with movies in general. However, in the episode "Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats", Dee has to abandon her plan to take Charlie to a movie when he is completely unable to follow what is going on in the movie.
- Dennis first discussed his theory that "full penetration" scenes make for a good movie in the episode "Mac and Charlie Write a Movie"
- Country Mac stands in for Mac in one scene, which would suggest that at least part of this movie was filmed on Mac Day.
- The volleyball scene is a reference to the famous scene from the movie Top Gun, which also used the song "Playin' With The Boys" by Kenny Loggins. Both the scene and the following shower scene are kind of a double reference, both to the homoeroticism in a lot of those '80s action flicks, and a callback to the recurring theme on the show that Mac is in deep denial about his homosexuality.
- During the first scene in the mock "Lethal Weapon 6" movie, Charlie's character is wearing a green button-up shirt; later, during the scene where Charlie and Frank are fleeing from Dennis in a poorly done green screen scene, Charlie's shirt is shown to be transparent due to the effect being used; it fluctuates with the trees and sky in the background, as does his handkerchief.
|Season 9 Episodes|
| 1. "The Gang Broke Dee"|
2. "Gun Fever Too: Still Hot"
3. "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"
4. "Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare"
5. "Mac Day"
|6. "The Gang Saves the Day"|
7. "The Gang Gets Quarantined"
8. "Flowers for Charlie"
9. "The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6"
10. "The Gang Squashes Their Beefs