"The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6" is the ninth episode of the ninth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
After creative differences over what constitutes tasteful nudity cause Frank to pull his money out of Lethal Weapon 6 during filming, Mac, Dennis, and Charlie screen their rough footage for investors in hopes of raising enough capital to finish the production of their latest masterpiece.
- Artemis Pebdani as Artemis
- "Lethal Weapon 5" was shown in the episode "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth."
- When Mac says that it's impossible to follow what goes on in a movie, both Dennis and Charlie disagree with him and say that that's his problem, not a problem with movies in general. However, in the episode "Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats", Dee has to abandon her plan to take Charlie to a movie when he is completely unable to follow what is going on in the movie.
- Dennis first discussed his theory that "full penetration" scenes make for a good movie in the episode "Mac and Charlie Write a Movie"
- The volleyball scene is a reference to the famous scene from the movie Top Gun, which also used the song "Playin' With The Boys" by Kenny Loggins. Both the scene and the following shower scene are kind of a double reference, both to the homoeroticism in a lot of those '80s action flicks, and a callback to the recurring theme on the show that Mac is in deep denial about his homosexuality.
|Season 9 Episodes|
| 1. "The Gang Broke Dee"|
2. "Gun Fever Too: Still Hot"
3. "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"
4. "Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare"
5. "Mac Day"
|6. "The Gang Saves the Day"|
7. "The Gang Gets Quarantined"
8. "Flowers for Charlie"
9. "The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6"
10. "The Gang Squashes Their Beefs