"The Gang Hits the Slopes" is the third episode of the eleventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Dennis and Frank battle Dee and Mac for control of the mountain and Charlie learns the rules of the slopes.
The gang heads to the Poconos for a weekend of skiing.
- Dean Cameron as Drisko
- Courtney Gains as Roach
- Natasha Alam as Tatiana
- Kevin Farley asTurkey
- Denell Johnson as Police Officer
- Elle Evans as Katarina
- Kassandra Kanaar as Silvia
- Mac is seen wearing a hat nearly identical to Stan Marsh of the show South Park which has aired an episode similar in nature.
- Drisko is named after editor and co-producer Josh Drisko. Other characters named after people associated with the show: Heinrich Landgraf, aka Pop-Pop, named after John Landgraf, the president of FX Networks ("Pop-Pop: The Final Solution"), and Michael Rotenberg, a "talent agent" who bangs Dee, named after an executive producer of the show ("The Gang Broke Dee").
- Kevin Farley who plays Turkey in this episode is the brother of actors John P. Farley and the late Chris Farley.
- This is only the second time a font other than the usual font has been used in the credits (in this case, for the title and the closing credits), the other time being "The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre."
- Dennis' reaction to breaking his ankles is based on a video of X-Games athlete Tanner Hall breaking his ankles during a practice run (video here).
- The episode was filmed at the Mammoth Mountain ski area in Mono County, California.
|Season 11 Episodes|
| 1. "Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo"|
2. "Frank Falls Out the Window"
3. "The Gang Hits the Slopes"
4. "Dee Made a Smut Film"
5. "Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs"
|6. "Being Frank"|
7. "McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century"
8. "Charlie Catches a Leprechaun"
9. "The Gang Goes to Hell"
10. "The Gang Goes to Hell: Part Two"