|"The Gang Gets Trapped"|
|Season Seven, Episode Nine|
|Air Date||November 10, 2011|
| Watch this episode:|
"The Gang Gets Trapped" is the ninth episode of the seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It will air on FX on November 10, 2011.
The gang sneak into a residence to "extract" an "artifact," only to discover that someone is home. Uh-oh.
Dennis and Dee are trapped in the bedroom closet of a strange home while the homeowner packs her suitcase. They walkie-talkie Charlie and Mac in the getaway van for help on extraction, but they pressure them to return to their goal for breaking into the house: to retrieve a vase that a museum auctioned off.
When the woman leaves her bedroom, Dennis and Dee leave the closet to try and plot an escape. Frank comes out from under the bed and refuses to leave until they get the vase. The woman returns and the three rush back into the closet. Mac radios in that a man is entering the house and the whole gang is frightened by the fact that the family is Southern and therefore dangerous. The husband leaves.
Dennis, Dee, and Frank go through the woman's suitcase but do not find the vase. Frank breaks off to go retrieve the vase with his Indiana Jones inspired whip. He finds a little girl's bedroom and rummages through her suitcase, finding a teddy bear. He rips it to pieces thinking the vase is inside. The little girl comes back and Frank hides in her pile of stuffed animals.
Dee and Dennis end back up in the bedroom closet and they call Charlie to make a distraction. Instead, he enters the house and joins them in the closet. Dennis calls Mac to make a distraction, but he has left to get fast food. He answers their call and decides to pretend to be a Swedish plumber as a distraction.
Charlie, Dee, and Dennis make their way into entryway closet when the family's dirty laundry is aired: the woman was planning to elope to California with another man. The husband returns and the gang fears it could get violent. Instead, the family sits down and talks about their future.
Dennis, who has had enough, decides to simply walk out of the house through the front door. They make their way to the door and see the family sitting in the living room. Mac busts in the front door pretending to be a plumber. They call Frank, who joins them in the entry way. He sees the vase and tries to retrieve it with his whip, but ends up smashing it to pieces.They leave the house, commenting that it was strange that the family sounded Southern but was asian.
- Susan Park as Woman
- Robert Wu as Man
- Arnold Chun as Barry
- Kylie Kim as Daughter
- Victoria Hoffman as Woman (V.O.)
- Maury Sterling as Man (V.O.)
- Stephen Stanton as Barry (V.O.)
- Emily French as Daughter (V.O.)
- That's one of the shortest episodes of Sunny (together with 0107, 0711, 0707, 0712, 0706, 0504 and 0506).
- Instead of standard Sunny Soundtrack here is played some dramatic-action music (like in 03x04 and 07x11).
- In 04x02 The Gang was also using a van - but the black one (instead of the white in here).
- When Frank hides in the little girls closet, it's a parody of the movie "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial".
- Indiana Jones has been already mentioned by Dee in "A Very Sunny Christmas" episode.
- Also, Charlie was talking about the "Temple of Doom" movie in "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters".
- About outfit: Mac (hat) + Charlie (leather jacket) + Frank (whip) = "Indiana Jones".
- About Indiana Jones Movies: writer Luvh Rakhe finds a "Temple of Doom" to be the best one, and had no words to say about "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"; Dennis only likes a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and Indy himself (as a character); Mac use to called a "Temple of Doom" dumb, but Charlie really likes that one - however, they are both finds a "Crystal Skull" to be just lame (Charlie doesn't even count fourth part).
- Mac refers to people from the southern US moving north as "carpetbaggers", but that's a reversal of the actual meaning of the term, which was first used to describe people from the northern US moving south in the aftermath of the Civil War.
|—||“Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face - that's all.”|
|“No, Frank. They are always armed to the teeth. They will hogtie us and hang us out on the front lawn or burn us on a cross!”||—|
|—||“You're right, man. You got to be careful. You know, anytime you find out, like, some dude's got a crazy torture basement or something, it's someone from the South. It always is.”|
|—||“Dee, you gangly, uncoordinated bitch! I am not getting hogtied over your lack of grace.”|
|“I hope they hogtie you. And then I hope they rape you. In their basement. For ten years!”||—|
|Season 7 Episodes|
| 1. "Frank's Pretty Woman"|
2. "The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore"
3. "Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties"
4. "Sweet Dee Gets Audited"
5. "Frank's Brother"
6. "The Storm of the Century"
7. "Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games"
| 8. "The ANTI-Social Network"|
9. "The Gang Gets Trapped"
10. "How Mac Got Fat"
11. "Thunder Gun Express"
12. "The High School Reunion"
13. "The High School Reunion, Part 2: The Gang's Revenge"