"The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition" is the twelfth episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
The gang redecorates a poor family's home a la Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
3:27PM on a Friday
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- Gabriela Moreno as Daughter Juarez
- Alejandro Patino as Father Juarez
- Laura Patricia Vega as Mother Juarez
- Retta as Hardware Store Clerk
- Dennis mentions that his dream board includes owning a Lamborghini - this theme will later return in
"A Very Sunny Christmas" episode.
- Charlie is a die-hard fan of TV host Ty Pennington.
- Dennis has lost his "party mansion" after the events of "Dennis and Dee's Mom Is Dead".
- In "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack", Dee has difficulty reading the Spanish instructions for her and Dennis' Botox injections because, as she says, she has never taken Spanish. However, in this episode Sweet Dee speaks Spanish decently, and states that she took Spanish classes in high school.
- Charlie's freak out over Frank saying the show is a "bunch of manipulation" ("It's about caring, and Sears!") references the fact that the original show had a great deal of product placement of Sears products.
- In the eighth season episode "Charlie's Mom Has Cancer", we find out that the "Juarez" family later had to sell the house because they could not pay the property tax. This, in itself, is another reference to "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", because the same fate befell many people who got new homes on the show.
|—||“Wake up, my brown friend - it's time to change your life!”|
|—||“Okay, hold still! Can't run from the kindness of strangers!”|
|—||“What does a little Mexican girl love more than anything else in the world?”|
|—||“The first step to becoming an American... get a credit card.”|
|“Oh yeah, man. We need this guy to build up copious amounts of debt - that is the best way for him to build up his credit. We're doing him a favor...”||—|
|—||“We're doing him a HUGE favor! And do you realize how extreme this is? To go from no debt to good old-fashioned American debt? That's the way to do it.”|
|—||“I can't believe their name isn't Juarez. Was anyone else surprised by that?”|
|“Uh! Right. Yeah...”||—|
|—||“It's a shocker! Shocking for me...”|
|Season 4 Episodes|
| 1. "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters"|
2. "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"
3. "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest"
4. "Mac's Banging the Waitress"
5. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 1)"
6. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 2)"
7. "Who Pooped the Bed?"
| 8. "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia"|
9. "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life"
10. "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"
11. "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell"
12. "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition"
13. "The Nightman Cometh"