|"The Gang Dines Out"|
|Season Eight, Episode Nine|
|Air Date||December 13, 2012|
"The Gang Dines Out" is the ninth episode of the eighth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Every member of The Gang has something to celebrate at Guigino's, Philly's finest eatery. But when Mac and Dennis' private dinner is interrupted by an unexpected sighting of Frank and Charlie, the in-fighting begins. Dee turns up at a table for one, and over the course of the night, the "one-ups-manship" soars to new heights.
8:17 PM, Philadelphia, PA
- Michael Naughton as Waiter
- Nicole Sienna as Hostess
- Ken Sagoes as Carl
- Jack Guzman as Young Veteran
- Initially, "The Gang Eats It" was just a working title.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Guigino's Italian Restaurant since 05x05.
- Nicole Sienna ("Hostess") tweeted this photo August 7th: "Frank's wig".
- Danny DeVito tweeted this photo August 7th, too: "Trollfoot!!".
- Glenn Howerton was talking about this episode on Season 8 premiere party (October 9th): he said it will delve further into the bizarre, codependent relationship between Mac and Dennis, and that the "routine Dennis and Mac have" involves an inbred orgy we haven't seen before.
- The last time Frank was seen wearing his wig in Season Four. ("Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life") Thank God, he's not using his blond toupee from "Charlie's Mom Has Cancer" anymore!
- Dee was dating another soldier - Ben Smith - back in Season Five. ("The D.E.N.N.I.S. System")
- The basic episode about Mac and Dennis' crazy codependency - "Mac and Dennis Break Up" - is also from Season Five.
- Guigino's waiter reappears in the Season 10 episodes The Gang Group Dates and The Gang Spies Like U.S. In the latter episode, they have no recollection of tying his shoes together and making him fall and spill spaghetti on himself and shit his pants. He definitely remembers them, however.
- The scene in which Mac gets up and asks Dennis to say something nice to him references a similar scene in "As Good as It Gets" when Carol Connelly asks Melvin Udall to pay her a compliment after threatening to leave a restaurant and rape a stranger.
|—||“Here I am, a regular, a full-paying customer, and I'm sat by the kitchen on the wobbliest chair in Philadelphia. You know, forced to eat dinner with this swarm of coupon-waving trash. This is crazy!”|
|Season 8 Episodes|
| 1. "Pop-Pop: The Final Solution"|
2. "The Gang Recycles Their Trash"
3. "The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre"
4. "Charlie and Dee Find Love"
5. "The Gang Gets Analyzed"
| 6. "Charlie's Mom Has Cancer"|
7. "Frank's Back in Business"
8. "Charlie Rules the World"
9. "The Gang Dines Out"
10. "Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense"