"The Gang Dines Out" is the ninth episode of the eighth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Every member of The Gang has something to celebrate at Guigino's, Philly's finest eatery. But when Mac and Dennis' private dinner is interrupted by an unexpected sighting of Frank and Charlie, the in-fighting begins. Dee turns up at a table for one, and over the course of the night, the "one-ups-manship" soars to new heights.
8:17 PM, Philadelphia, PA
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- Michael Naughton as Waiter
- Nicole Sienna as Hostess
- Ken Sagoes as Carl
- Jack Guzman as Young Veteran
- Initially, "The Gang Dines Out" was just a working title.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Guigino's Italian Restaurant since Gun Fever 01x05.
- Nicole Sienna ("Hostess") tweeted this photo August 7th: "Frank's wig".
- Danny DeVito tweeted this photo August 7th, too: "Trollfoot!!".
- Glenn Howerton was talking about this episode on Season 8 premiere party (October 9th): he said it will delve further into the bizarre, codependent relationship between Mac and Dennis, and that the "routine Dennis and Mac have" involves a monthly fancy dinner we haven't seen before.
- The last time Frank was seen wearing his wig in Season Four. ("Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life")
- The episode about Mac and Dennis' crazy codependency - "Mac and Dennis Break Up" - is also from Season Five.
- Guigino's waiter reappears in the Season 10 episodes The Gang Group Dates and The Gang Spies Like U.S. In the latter episode, they have no recollection of tying his shoes together and making him fall and spill spaghetti on himself.
- The scene in which Mac gets up and asks Dennis to say something nice to him references a similar scene in "As Good as It Gets" when Carol Connelly asks Melvin Udall to pay her a compliment after threatening to leave a restaurant.
- The entire episode takes place in the restaurant with just the main cast plus the waiter and hostess having major speaking roles. This episode could be considered a bottle episode.
|—||“Here I am, a regular, a full-paying customer, and I'm sat by the kitchen on the wobbliest chair in Philadelphia. You know, forced to eat dinner with this swarm of coupon-waving trash. This is crazy!”|
|Season 8 Episodes|
| 1. "Pop-Pop: The Final Solution"|
2. "The Gang Recycles Their Trash"
3. "The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre"
4. "Charlie and Dee Find Love"
5. "The Gang Gets Analyzed"
| 6. "Charlie's Mom Has Cancer"|
7. "Frank's Back in Business"
8. "Charlie Rules the World"
9. "The Gang Dines Out"
10. "Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense"