|Aired|| September 15, 2011 -|
December 15, 2011
|Seasons: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
The seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia aired in the fall of 2011 on FX. It ran for 13 episodes and was broadcast in 720p HD. The season is currently available on iTunes and on DVD and Blu-ray.
Frank falls in love with a prostitute named Roxy but the rest of the Gang tries to transform her into a presentable woman. Meanwhile, Dennis attempts to help Mac get healthy after gaining nearly fifty pounds. ("Frank's Pretty Woman") The gang decides to take a roadtrip to the Jersey Shore so Dennis and Dee could relive their favorite childhood memories. The vacation turns nightmarish for the siblings, while Frank, Mac, and Charlie have magical experiences. ("The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore") Frank accidentally finds himself in charge of a child beauty pageant and tries to squash all suspicions that he is a child predator while the rest of the gang pick contestants to mentor. ("Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties")
When Dee comes into money from her surrogacy, she is forced to fake a baby funeral to avoid the IRS. The boys in the Gang attempt to start a more democratic way of running Paddy's, which ultimately resorts to more shouting. ("Sweet Dee Gets Audited") Frank's long lost brother showed up at Paddy's, revealing secrets about Frank's former life as a club owner, drug addict, and his former lover. ("Frank's Brother") The gang runs into trouble when they tried to prepare for a giant storm, and Dennis meets a woman he can't seduce. ("The Storm of the Century")
On a slow news day the gang played a board game they invented (ripped off from other games) called "Chardee McDennis!". ("Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games") The gang tries to track down an annoying shusher on Facebook and end up bickering about the use of the internet for Paddy's business. ("The ANTI-Social Network") While robbing a house, The Gang got caught in a precarious situation when the homeowners returned. ("The Gang Gets Trapped")
Mac confessed to a priest how he gained his weight, and why the blame falls on his friends. ("How Mac Got Fat") The gang rush to the movie theater to see the world's greatest action movie, but must avoid traffic caused by Obama. ("Thunder Gun Express") The gang attend their high school reunion and are humiliated by the "cool kids" and other former enemies. ("The High School Reunion") They then take revenge on their enemies in the form of a dance routine. ("The High School Reunion, Part 2: The Gang's Revenge")
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Kaitlin Olson as Deandra Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- David Hornsby as Rickety Cricket
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as The Waitress
- Artemis Pebdani as Artemis Dubois
- Catherine Reitman as Maureen Ponderosa
- Nick Wechsler as Brad Fisher
- Jason Sudeikis as Schmitty
- This was the first season to use the short version of the opening title sequence.
- For this season, they decided to raise up the "production value" of several episodes (in particular,
07x04 and 07x06) by adding some kick-ass bell sound effects in them. [previously they did it
only once - in Christmas special.]
- Rob McElhenney gained 50 pounds of weight in preparation for the season. He decided to make his character fat because he noticed that in most sitcoms, the characters get better looking each year, and he wanted to "break the norm" so to speak.
- Glenn and Charlie were concerned for his safety and convinced him to lose the weight for the following season.