|"Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia"|
|Season Four, Episode Eight|
|Writer||Scott Marder & Rob Rosell & David Hornsby|
|Air Date||October 16, 2008|
| Watch this episode:|
"Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia" is the eighth episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
4:42PM on a Tuesday
Dennis is hooking up a new flat screen TV and a Blu-ray player when Mac walks in with a newspaper saying that there is a review on Paddy's Pub. The person who reviewed Paddy's Pub said many bad things about Paddy's, such as referring that Dee was a "Surly White Trash Waitress" and referring that Charlie, Mac, and Dennis as "The 3 Classless Bores that Call themselves the Owners".
So Dee, Dennis, and Charlie go to the Philadelphia Inquirer to meet Lyle Korman (The man who went to Paddy's). They offer him another chance at Paddy's and he refuses. Then the gang says that they'll sue him for libel and slander, but Mr. Korman says they have a group of lawyers on retainer for "people like you". Before they leave his office Charlie smashes a hammer on many things in his office, and Dennis spits in his mug of Coffee.
The next day, they can't find a place to put the Blu-ray player. Mac says they should hang it in the air, but his idea is rejected quickly because Dee says it looks "very white trash". Then Charlie walks in the bar and says "Hey, you guys want to see something?", saying that "he did something". They then walk outside to find Mr. Korman in the trunk of a car. Charlie said first he was angry, then he was drinking, and the next thing he knows is "following him and forcing him into the trunk of his own car".
- This is one of the two episodes that does not feature Frank after Danny DeVito joined the cast in the season two premiere. The other being "Mac's Banging the Waitress".
- In the very beginning of this episode, Mac was mentioned a "Road House" movie with Patrick Swayze.
- Probably, a storyline of this episode with some people in a trunk of the car (and filming from inside of this trunk) - it's a reference for Quentin Tarantino's movies. (The most direct reference is to the scene in Reservoir Dogs where Mr. Blonde shows that he has a cop he has taken hostage in the trunk of his car, but there are other scenes involving people being in the trunk of a car in other Tarantino films.)
- There's an editing snafoo at the end: when The Gang reads their new review a hammer is seen on the bar, it then disappears, then reapears. When Charlie goes to get the hammer before The Gang leaves, he retrieves the hammer from under the bar rather than from atop it.
- A coors light bottle also disappears and reappears.
- Dee: If I had to write an article about you, it would say that you're very negative. The headline might be "Most Negative Man in the World Calls Other People White Trash to Make Himself Not Feel So Faggy".
|Season 4 Episodes|
| 1. "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters"|
2. "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"
3. "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest"
4. "Mac's Banging the Waitress"
5. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 1)"
6. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 2)"
7. "Who Pooped the Bed?"
| 8. "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia"|
9. "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life"
10. "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"
11. "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell"
12. "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition"
13. "The Nightman Cometh"