"Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia" is the eighth episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
4:42PM on a Tuesday
Dennis is hooking up a new flat screen TV and a Blu-ray player when Mac points out that a newspaper says that there is a review on Paddy's Pub. The person who reviewed Paddy's Pub said many bad things about Paddy's, such as referring that Dee was a "Surly White Trash Waitress" and referring that Charlie, Mac, and Dennis as "The 3 Classless Bores that Call themselves the Owners".
So Dee, Dennis, and Charlie go to the Philadelphia Inquirer to meet Lyle Korman (The man who went to Paddy's). They offer him another chance at Paddy's and he refuses. Then the gang says that they'll sue him for libel and slander, but Mr. Korman says they have a group of lawyers on retainer for "people like you." Before they leave his office Charlie smashes a hammer on many things in his office, and Dennis spits in his mug of Coffee.
The next day, they can't find a place to put the Blu-ray player. Mac says they should hang it in the air, but his idea is rejected quickly because Dee says it looks "very white trash". Then Charlie walks in the bar and says "Hey, you guys want to see something?", saying that "he did something". They then walk outside to find Mr. Korman in the trunk of a car. Charlie said first he was angry, then he was drinking, and the next thing he knows is "following him and forcing him into the trunk of his own car". The rest of the Gang begins to panic, as Dennis decides that they should move him into the bar so they can form a plan. They "keep him a couple hours so he doesn't do anything rash." Charlie ties him up with duct tape in the office because he's irritating, and makes him write a new review. He says he has to use the bathroom, but Charlie used the last tape. Mac stays to calm him while Charlie gets more.
Meanwhile, Dennis and Dee go to his apartment to erase their trail, but see they're in the wrong apartment. Mac exaggerates about his cooler abilities in the bathroom to Korman, when Charlie shows up with just a bandana. He really has to use the urinal, so Mac and Charlie both help him. Charlie and Dee return with the apartment's owner in their trunk. Korman writes his new review, but when Dennis reads it, it's revealed that he just wrote about the kidnapping. Mac and Charlie try to get the other guy and his cat out, and Mac accidentally roundhouse kicks a side-view mirror off. Everybody (but Dennis) agrees that the best way out was to bribe the other guy with the flat-screen TV. Korman says he won't tell anybody if they just let him go, and just as they're untying him, Charlie breaks a bottle over his head to "give him amnesia." The episode ends with Dee reading the new review, explaining that, while they deserve to go to jail, he won't press charges because they're already miserable. He doesn't mention names, so they go to talk to him, and request he uses their names. Charlie brings his hammer again.
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds (credit only)
- David M. Zdunich as Ernie the Barfly
- This is one of the two episodes that does not feature Frank after Danny DeVito joined the cast in the season two premiere. The other being "Mac's Banging the Waitress".
- In the very beginning of this episode, Mac was mentioned a "Road House" movie with Patrick Swayze.
- Probably, a storyline of this episode with some people in a trunk of the car (and filming from inside of this trunk) - it's a reference for Quentin Tarantino's movies. (The most direct reference is to the scene in Reservoir Dogs where Mr. Blonde shows that he has a cop he has taken hostage in the trunk of his car, but there are other scenes involving people being in the trunk of a car in other Tarantino films.)
- There's an editing snafoo at the end: when The Gang reads their new review a hammer is seen on the bar, it then disappears, then reapears. When Charlie goes to get the hammer before The Gang leaves, he retrieves the hammer from under the bar rather than from atop it.
- A Coors Light bottle also disappears and reappears.
- Dee: If I had to write an article about you, it would say that you're very negative. The headline might be "Most Negative Man in the World Calls Other People White Trash to Make Himself Not Feel So Faggy".
|Season 4 Episodes|
| 1. "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters"|
2. "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"
3. "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest"
4. "Mac's Banging the Waitress"
5. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 1)"
6. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 2)"
7. "Who Pooped the Bed?"
| 8. "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia"|
9. "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life"
10. "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"
11. "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell"
12. "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition"
13. "The Nightman Cometh"