"Mac's Banging the Waitress" is the fourth episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
2:30PM on a Wednesday
Mac makes a tape of Project Badass and shows it to Dennis, who is impressed. Mac tells Dennis that he saw Charlie smashing his copy of the tape. Charlie enters and asks Mac -- his best friend -- to help him track down the man that is banging the Waitress. Dennis grows jealous that he is not Charlie's best friend. Mac visits The Waitress' apartment and tells her "he's on to us".
Charlie heads over to Dennis and Mac's apartment to camp out while Mac is on the manhunt and Dennis grows increasingly needy to have Charlie as his best friend. When Mac radios in that he beat up "Don Johnson", Dennis plants a seed in Charlie's head that Mac is the one banging the waitress. Mac gets home late and a severely drunk Charlie acts standoffish and heads to sleep in Dennis' bed. Mac tells Dennis while Charlie sleeps that he is really Dennis' best friend and that he is just banging the Waitress to get back at Charlie for destroying the tape.
The next day Mac and the Waitress steal Dennis's sex tape of him banging the Waitress. She then tells Mac he can bang her if he takes her to Charlie's apartment. Dennis and Charlie overhear the conversation on their walkie-talkies so they hide under the blankets on the bed. Mac, dressed as Charlie, finds them. As the three friends argue the Waitress searches for Frank's sex tape with her. Charlie tells her he destroyed it and she leaves, with only a mere "thank you". Mac apologizes for trying to sleep with the Waitress and the three guys agree to all be best friends together.
Mac makes another episode of Project Badass and Charlie and Dennis talk to each other how they think Mac is in love with both of them.
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds (credit only)
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds (credit only)
- The episode title, "Mac's Banging the Waitress", is actually not quite accurate. Despite numerous attempts, Mac actually doesn't bang the Waitress. This is, however, in keeping with other episode titles, such as "The Gang Gets Whacked," "Mac and Charlie Die," and "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis."
- The title of this episode could also be considered some sort of prank from a stag-party - because two days after it aired, on September 27th, 2008, Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson were married.
- Only four characters are involved in this episode - that's Mac, Charlie, Dennis and the Waitress.
- Frank and Dee are not in this episode. This is the only episode where Dee does not appear. Frank is also absent from the first season and the fourth season episode "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia".
- Mac is running and videotaping his own creation - "Project Badass" (Charlie is a №1-fan of this show).
- Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Fairy Dragee" starts playing on 08:39 (same version from 02x04).
- "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake plays during the closing credits.
- Charlie mentions that Dennis can't be his best friend, because he banged the Waitress - this happened in "Charlie Has Cancer".
- The Waitress also references the time she had sex with Frank. This occurred in "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom".
|—||“Hey guys, if I'm peeing, wake me up.”|
|—||“You're watching my tapes again?”|
|—||“What'd you think?”|
|“You got weird balls.”||—|
|—||“You should see Frank's balls. They're like planets.”|