"Mac's Banging the Waitress" is the fourth episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
2:30PM on a Wednesday
Mac makes a tape of Project Badass and shows it to Dennis, who is impressed. Mac tells Dennis that he saw Charlie smashing his copy of the tape. Charlie enters and asks Mac -- his best friend -- to help him track down the man that has been seeing the Waitress. Clearly jealous of Mac and Charlie's friendship, Dennis asks Charlie why they are not best friends. Charlie explains that it's because Dennis banged the Waitress. After vowing to find the man that she is currently banging, Mac visits The Waitress' apartment and tells her "he's on to us".
Charlie heads over to Dennis and Mac's apartment to camp out while Mac is on the manhunt and Dennis grows increasingly needy to have Charlie as his best friend, who refuses to hang out with him. After Mac radios in that he found the guy and beat him up, Charlies asks his name and Mac tells him that it is "Don Johnson." Dennis explains to Charlie that Don Johnson is "the dude from Miami Vice." He then plants a seed in Charlie's mind that Mac is the one banging the waitress. Mac gets home late and a severely drunk Charlie acts standoffish and heads to sleep in Dennis' bed. Mac explains to Dennis while Charlie sleeps that he and Dennis are actually best friends, and that he is just banging the Waitress to get back at Charlie for destroying the tape. Charlie wakes up and discovers them, but is convinced by Mac and Dennis that he is dreaming. Charlie then pees in Dennis' bed, highly irritating both Mac and Dennis.
Mac attempts to bang the Waitress, but she insists that she will only bang him in Dennis and Mac's apartment. The next day, Mac and the Waitress steal Dennis's sex tape of him banging the Waitress. She then tells Mac that he can only bang her if he takes her to Charlie's apartment. Mac insists that they dress up as Dennis and Charlie when they bang. Dennis and Charlie overhear the conversation on their walkie-talkies and become convinced that Mac is in love with them. They decide to hide under the blankets on Charlie's bed and wait for Mac and the Waitress. Mac, dressed as Charlie, and the Waitress, dressed as Dennis, find them. As the three friends argue the Waitress searches for Frank's sex tape with her. Charlie tells her he destroyed it and she promptly leaves with only a mere "thank you." Mac realizes that Charlie was not actually trying to destroy the Project Badass tape, and apologizes for trying to sleep with the Waitress. The three guys finally agree to all be best friends together.
Mac makes another episode of Project Badass and Charlie and Dennis talk to each other about how they believe Mac is gay, and wants to bang them.
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds (credit only)
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds (credit only)
- The episode title, "Mac's Banging the Waitress", is actually not quite accurate. Despite numerous attempts, Mac actually doesn't bang the Waitress. This is, however, in keeping with other episode titles, such as "The Gang Gets Whacked," "Mac and Charlie Die," and "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis."
- The title of this episode could also be considered some sort of prank from a stag-party - because two days after it aired, on September 27th, 2008, Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson were married.
- Only four characters are involved in this episode - that's Mac, Charlie, Dennis and the Waitress.
- Frank and Dee are not in this episode. This is the only episode where Dee does not appear. The second episode in which Frank doesn't appear following the second season premiere is "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia".
- Mac is running and videotaping his own creation - "Project Badass" (Charlie is a №1-fan of this show).
- Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Fairy Dragee" starts playing on 08:39 (same version from 02x04).
- "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake plays during the closing credits.
- Once again demonstrating the fact that he doesn't know the Waitress' name, Dennis has his sex tape with her listed under 'W', for 'Waitress (coffee shop)'.
- Charlie mentions that Dennis can't be his best friend, because he banged the Waitress - this happened in "Charlie Has Cancer".
- The Waitress also references the time she had sex with Frank. This occurred in "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom".
|—||“Hey guys, if I'm peeing, wake me up.”|
|—||“You're watching my tapes again?”|
|—||“What'd you think?”|
|“You got weird balls.”||—|
|—||“You should see Frank's balls. They're like planets.”|