Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Charlie Kelly's "go-to" sandwich he makes on his hot plate or, in a pinch, the radiator...
In Charlie's words: "What are you doing..? Do Not put peanut butter on that. No! Peanut Butter outside, chocolate inside...butter inside, cheese outside."
This is a great snack/meal if you don't have enough money in your budget this week for milksteak with a side of the finest jellybeans.
- Wonder Bread - 2 slices
- Peanut Butter (creamy) - enough to coat 1 side of 1 slice of bread
- American Cheese singles - 2 slices
- Butter - spreadable or whipped butter recommended
- Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- First, spray a saute pan very liberally with Pam or similar cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, place 2 slices of cheese in the pan, followed by a buttered slice of white bread (buttered side should be facing UP).
- Heat for 2 minutes or a bit longer, being careful not to burn the cheese (this may take a little experimenting depending on how hot the pan is).
- Next, drizzle or squirt Hershey's chocolate sauce on top of that BEFORE placing another slice of white bread also buttered on one side (again, buttered side facing up) on top.
- Let the sandwich cook for another minute. The cheese will be brown, but before the cheese burns, flip the whole mess over so that the buttered bread that you just placed on top will brown nicely and make the bread crispy (just like when you make a grilled cheese sandwich).
- The final step occurs after you take this concoction off the heat and flip it onto your plate (cheese side down); immediately smear the top with a thin layer of creamy peanut butter while the sandwich is still hot.
- Note: The peanut butter does NOT get grilled. Think of it as a condiment that goes on last, after the cooking is done. Serve immediately.