"I have a TV show coming out on FX. It's a show that I produced and wrote. I'm starring in it as well. It's called "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and it premieres August 4th on FX. It's going to be very good, a very subversive, dark comedy. Something very different for the people who are waiting for a different comedy. Everybody says the sitcom is dead, they're waiting for this kind of show.
It's tough to describe and make it sound very interesting. But it's about these guys who run an Irish dive bar in Philly and it's about all the scrapes that we get into. It's very different. It's shot very documentary style, very loose, handheld digital. It's something very new." (from this interview)
Glenn was born in Japan to American parents Janice and Glenn Franklin Howerton, Jr. on an air force base. He grew up on the road, traveling from London to South Korea to Montgomery, Alabama, where he attended high school. While attending school in Miami and later New York, Glenn worked as a drama teacher at the French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts in Hancock, New York.
In 2002, Glenn landed his first TV gig: a slot in ensemble cast That '80s Show as Corey Howard. The show was short-lived, and Glenn went on to appear in a handful of episodes of ER and some films before creating It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia with buddies Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney.
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 7
- Season 8
- That '80s Show (2002 TV series) -- Corey Howard
- ER (2003 episodes - TV series) -- Dr. Nick Cooper
- Must Love Dogs (2005) -- Michael
- Serenity (2005) -- Lilac Young Tough
- Crank (2006) & Crank 2 (2009) -- Doctor
- The Strangers (2008) -- Mike
- The Cleveland Show (2009-2013) -- Ernie Krinklesac voice (17 episodes)
- Everything Must Go (2010) -- Gary
- Unsupervised (2012 TV series) -- Clint / Dirt (VO)
- Coffee Town (2012) -- Will
- The Mindy Project (2013-2014) -- Cliff Gilbert (9 episodes)
- Fargo (2014) -- Don Chumph