Bill was apparently very fit in high school but has since put on weight.
Bill has a highly addictive personality, frequently using alcohol and even drugs like "bath salts", and being very sexually active, having another mistress besides Dee, and lying to women that he had a vasectomy to avoid wearing condoms.
His sister is Maureen Ponderosa. Dennis was briefly the brother-in-law of Bill.
Sweet Dee had a crush on Bill in high school. His sister Maureen dated Dee's twin brother Dennis in High School and recently married him and divorced him soon after.
He has a wife named Jane (shown in the credits for Dennis Gets Divorced). He also had a son and daughter which Dee unintentionally helps him kidnap.
His wife implied that Bill frequently pays women for sex. (Dennis Gets Divorced)
When Mac, Charlie, and Dennis question him to try to figure out if he could be the father of Dee's baby, he tells them that he has had a vasectomy... and then immediately admits that that's a lie he tells women to avoid having to wear a condom. He says he is still with his wife, and has undergone counseling for sex addiction. He's apparently replaced that with other addictions, however: he has brought a sizable bag of coke to the party, which he shares with other guests at the impromptu "party" that Mac, Charlie, and Dennis is throwing to gather together the possible fathers of Dee's baby, and by the end of the party he is quite wired. ("Dee Gives Birth")
He attends Maureen's wedding, which Frank also attends as Bill's AA sponsor. However, Frank is hardly the model of a good AA sponsor, and he encourages Bill to do as many drugs as he wants at the wedding. Bill eventually spikes the punchbowl at the wedding (which is full of milk) with "bath salts", which leads to the zombie-like violent behavior that leads the wedding to descend into chaos. ("The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre")
Bill shows up at The Gang's Thanksgiving dinner, invited to shift the blame for Liam getting his eye eaten at his wedding from The Gang to Bill. Dennis tells Liam and Ryan that Bill spiked the milk with bath salts, but Bill then tells the McPoyles that Frank encouraged him to get "shithoused" at the wedding, so they shift the blame back to Frank. He also admits to breaking into Dee's apartment to sniff her panties.("The Gang Squashes Their Beefs")
Season Ten Edit
Bill shows up at Paddy's, announcing that he has decided to drink himself to death. Dennis, Dee, and Frank decide to try to save his life (not so much out of concern for him as the fact that they don't want another death in the bar) by enlisting his family to help show him life is worth living, but he has completely alienated his family, who actually hope he dies. Eventually, they persuade Bill to commit suicide by confessing to the murder Luther McDonald has been accused of, but in the process of "confessing", Bill tells the police the actual killer, which frees Luther (but probably makes him a target for assassination from the real killer's gang.) ("Mac Kills His Dad")
- Whenever Sweet Dee thinks about or sees Bill, she uncontrollably gags. ("Mac Fights Gay Marriage")
- Apparently, one of the conditions for Bill to be able to see his kids after his wife left him ("Dennis Gets Divorced") was for him to went thru the Alcoholic Anonymous therapy. But with the sponsor like Frank he'll never quite change his lifestyle. ("The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre")
- Bill and Frank became all buddy-buddy after the events of ("Dee Gives Birth") (thanks for the drugs
Bill bring onto the party).
- Brings cocaine to Mac and Charlie's party which he kindly shares. As Bill gets stoned and arrives to the hospital with the other potential dads, he says he will "blow his brains out" if he is the father of Dee's baby. ("Dee Gives Birth")
- Season Six: Mac Fights Gay Marriage, Dennis Gets Divorced, Dee Gives Birth
- Season Eight: The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre
- Season Nine: The Gang Squashes Their Beefs
- Has a wife and kids.
- Has had affairs with Sweet Dee and at least one other woman.