Barbara was a classic golddigger. She originally dumped Dennis and Dee's biological father Bruce Mathis and married Frank because she thought Frank was richer than Bruce. Bruce had in fact inherited a large fortune from his father when he died.
She was a cold, cruel, selfish woman with little affection for her husband or daughter. She seemed to favor Dennis over Dee. In her will she left Frank and Dee with nothing and stated that Dee was a mistake (despite the fact that Dennis and Dee are twins).
She also expressed no concern for Dee after seeing her in a neck brace. ("I assume you did something stupid")
She once slept with Mac and instantly regretted it. ("Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom") Frank frequently referred to her as his "whore wife". ("Does anybody here have any illegitimate children with my whore wife that I should know about?!")
Barbara died from a botched neck lift. ("Dennis and Dee's Mom Is Dead")
She was the daughter of Heinrich "Pop-Pop" Landgraf who outlives her.
Barbara was born in 1948. ("A Very Sunny Christmas")
Frank started a company with his partner, and stole all the money from his partner. ("A Very Sunny Christmas")
Barbara tricked Frank into raising the twins because she thought he was wealthier than their biological father, Bruce Mathis. ("Dennis and Dee Get a New Dad")
During this season, she reconnected with the twins, divorced Frank, and slept with Mac.
- According to Frank, when Barbara was giving a birth to twins, the doctors were forced to do a C-section - because of Dee's giant hands. ("The Gang Reignites the Rivalry")
- Alternate title for 7th Season episode "Frank's Pretty Woman" says "Frank's New Whore Wife" - it's a straight hint to Barbara.
- According to Frank, initially Barbara was carrying THREE twins in her womb at the time, and the third one was supposed to be called Donnie, but Dennis and Dee "devoured him before he could be born". ("The Gang Gets Analyzed")
- Frank, Dee and Dennis weren't on Barbara's funeral. ("Charlie's Mom Has Cancer")
- Barbara's dog from 02x02 was named Bruiser, and it died in 2006. ("Charlie's Mom Has Cancer")
- Season One: Underage Drinking: A National Concern (mentioned only)
- Season Two: Charlie Gets Crippled (mentioned only), The Gang Goes Jihad, Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom, Dennis and Dee Get a New Dad
- Season Three: Dennis and Dee's Mom Is Dead (mentioned only)
- Season Five: The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention (mentioned only), The Gang Reignites the Rivalry (mentioned only), A Very Sunny Christmas (mentioned only)
- Season Seven: Frank's Pretty Woman (mentioned only), Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties (mentioned only)
- Season Eight: Pop-Pop: The Final Solution (mentioned only), The Gang Gets Analyzed (mentioned only), Charlie's Mom Has Cancer (as a dead body)
- Season Nine: The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award (mentioned only)