"America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest" is the third episode of the fourth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
9:30AM on a Friday
Frank chastises The Gang for using the company card to purchase non-work related expenses. To combat the bill he has purchased a billboard to lure in more customers. The gang brainstorms ideas for the billboard and Dee volunteers to model. Her idea is severely dismissed by Mac and Dennis so she and Charlie decide to make viral videos to lure in customers. Dennis refuses to let Frank model, calling him ugly.Frank wrangles in a bunch of attractive models to audition for a spot on the billboard. Half of them leave when they learn they won't be paid and Dennis enters the competition to prove to Mac that he hasn't yet peaked physically.Mac realizes that he might be able to treat the competition like The Bachelor and find a soul mate so he interviews all the women, asking if they'd sleep with him and what they like about him. Frank auditions all the men, making them complete a barnyard themed shoot, walk a runway in their underwear, and eat cockroaches. Dennis quits the competition when Frank throws detergent in his face on the runway.
In the end, Mac chooses two girls who had a threesome with him instead of a girl, Rachelle, that he had an obvious connection with. Frank choses Rex, who had constantly been upstaging Dennis the entire competition.
Meanwhile, Charlie helps Dee make viral videos of her "improv" characters but tries to spice them up by throwing a volleyball at her face in the middle of the shoot and dressing up as Greenman during her Crazy Paddy and Martina Martinez shoots. Her Taiwan Tammy is interrupted by a man who recognizes her as PatheticGirl43, a YouTube channel Charlie started with Dee's private video journals. When Dee finds out she has amassed 80,000 hits she tries to milk the channel but once again tries too hard to be funny.
Dennis joins Charlie and Dee to make a video including Dennis getting kicked in the crotch by Greenman. Dennis brings it to Frank to rub it in his face but Frank has already chosen models for his billboard: himself and two large-breasted women.
- Rex - T.J. Hoban
- Diesel 10 - Neil Crone
- Marlene Mc'Cohen as Dominique
- Jennifer Birmingham as Rachelle
- Suzanne Quast as Tabitha
- Nancy Stelmaszczyk as Anya
- Mark Walhberg as Crazy Paddy's Husband
- Steve Morrison as Construction Worker #1
- Preston Elliott as Construction Worker #2
- Carter Macintyre as Male Model
- Frank Harts as Man On Street
- Mac & Charlie don't usually use a "birth control" (condoms) - because they went to Catholic school. Some references to this straight fact of nature you might have to hear in 01x02,04x04 and 06x12 episodes.
- It's the first episode which contains an RCG-saver at the end of the closing credits (instead of RCH-saver).
- This episode makes a reference to the terrible Tyra Banks show America's Next Top Model.
- In the scene were Sweet Dee is "Martina Martinez" the construction workers are played by John Runyan, Mike Patterson, Dan Klecko, and Chris Gocong of the Philadelphia Eagles as well as Preston Elliot and Steve Morrison from the Preston and Steve Show, a Philadelphia radio show on FM 93.3 WMMR. Preston and Steve also guest star in "Mac's Big Break".
- There is a real "Patheticgirl43" account on YouTube with 5 videos posted - three of them being Sweet Dee's diary entries.
- When Charie is explaining to Dee why he hit her in the face with a volleyball, he says it's because videos of people getting injured get lots of hits on YouTube and he references a video in which "a little girl is stomping on grapes and flips over". He is probably referring to this video.
- Later, a "viral video"-theme will be return to the show in "The ANTI-Social Network".
- Though Rex says he's finished eating his bowl of cockroaches, there are clearly a couple still crawling around in the bowl he holds up.
- This episode features a different video camera than the older model that usually appears in other episodes.
- Dee's plan to use a camcorder to "take all those hilarious characters that I've been creating over the past several years" to "get discovered by a casting director or producer, get some kind of a TV development deal" actually sounds very similar to the way this show came to be in the first place.
- Charlie: All right. Uh, later dudes. S.U. in your A's, don't wear a C and J all over your B's.
- Mac: Why would he not wear a C?
- Dennis: I don't even know what he's talking about half the time, bro.
- Dennis: My nose was chiseled by the gods themselves, Frank. My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David. You, on the other hand, well, you're a pit of despair. Frank, you disgust me. You disgust everyone, and you will never, ever be on that billboard.
- Mac: (to Dennis) Your body quit, your bird quit, and unfortunately, it's no longer legit.
- Diesel 10: (when a green bubble popped up out of nowhere on the laptop, texting back) Oh, no. Dennis had sent me 9,000,000 hits from not posting another Crazy Paddy video. Next time, messages don't exist.
|Season 4 Episodes|
| 1. "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters"|
2. "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"
3. "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest"
4. "Mac's Banging the Waitress"
5. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 1)"
6. "Mac and Charlie Die (Part 2)"
7. "Who Pooped the Bed?"
| 8. "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia"|
9. "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life"
10. "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"
11. "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell"
12. "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition"
13. "The Nightman Cometh"